Tankless Water Heater Service in Las Vegas
If you are using a traditional tank water heater, did you know that your unit is relying on technology that is over 100-years old? There is a reason that homeowners and business owners are replacing their tank heaters with tankless heaters, and that’s because tankless units are, overall, better products.
Five Tankless Water Heater Facts
- Tankless water heaters provide an endless supply of hot water.
- Tankless water heaters provide cleaner water than tank water heaters.
- Due to the fact that they are tankless, tankless water are less likely to leak than conventional tank heaters.
- Tankless water heaters have a manufacturer’s warranty of 12 years.
- Tankless water heaters have a lifespan of over 20 years.
Tankless Water Heater Technology
The technology of tankless water heaters is ultimately what makes them more effective devices than conventional water heaters. Tankless water heaters are frequently called “on-demand” units because, with them, water is heated only as you request it to be. This means tankless water heaters only burn fuel intermittently, heating up whenever you need hot water. Conventional water heaters are different because they burn fuel 24 hours a day, even when you’re not at home. In order to get you hot water whenever you want it, a tankless water heater uses a heat exchanger to raise the temperature. The heat exchanger is activated by the incoming flow of water. When a user goes to turn on the hot water from his or her faucet, the incoming water circulates through the activated heat exchanger. The heat exchanger then heats the cold water to the temperature that the user has set it to. Is that cool or what?
Why Going Tankless Water Heater is Your Best Option
- Save Money: Fed up with having to pay expensive gas and electric bills that come from using a conventional heating unit? A typical family who has a tankless water heater installed in their home saves more than $100 per year in gas bills compared to a family who uses a standard water heating system. Larger families can save even more than this.
- Save Energy: As noted above, the “on-demand” function of tankless water heaters is a big selling point. This feature means that tankless heaters aren’t an energy consumption liability. With tankless water heaters being up to 96% efficient (conventional tanks have an efficiency rate of 60-65%), you will be able to drastically reduce the high levels of energy and water typically consumed by conventional counterparts.
- Save Space: The majority of tankless water heater are easily mountable on walls, as well as outside of one’s home. Also, unlike conventional water heaters, many smaller tankless units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet.
- Unlimited Hot Water: Tired of having to take cold showers after someone in your home has used up all of the hot water? One of the great things about tankless water heaters is that they have an endless supply of hot water, so that never has to happen again!
- Longevity: Unlike traditional water heaters that have an average lifespan of 8 to 12 years, tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of more than 20 years.
- Fewer Leaks: When a traditional water heater leaks or fails, it can damage and flood your home with tens of gallons of water. Because tankless water heaters are, in fact, tankless, there is a slim possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank.
To learn more about tankless water heaters, or to have one installed into your home today, give The Honest Plumber a call!