Sump Pump & Ejector Pump Services in Las Vegas
Basement flooding is no joke. At the Honest Plumber Heating & Air we believe that the potential for flooding must always be taken very seriously and that it’s best to be prepared. We recommend taking precautions before an emergency occurs. Having the right equipment installed and maintained properly is a solid step in the right direction; one with which we can help. First, let’s understand the differences and function of sump and ejector pumps:
- Sump pumps function to pump excess water out of unwanted areas. Without a sump pump or with a failing sump pump, all bets are off when a severe rain storm occurs. It’s only common sense that every basement be fitted with a sump pump. The trick then is to make sure it’s properly installed and maintained.
- Ejector pumps work to eject sewage from bathrooms below your plumbing systems (typically in basements or lower level areas) up and out of your home through the proper piping channels.
Both sump pumps and ejector pumps help keep your basement clean, sanitary, and flood free.
Top Causes of Basement Flooding
With over a decade of experience, we’ve unfortunately seen it all when it comes to basement flooding emergencies. Here are a few key things to watch out for:
- Improperly sized or installed sump pump
- Excessive ground water seepage
- Improperly installed basement bathrooms
- Lax construction and poor waterproofing
- Extreme weather conditions
Quality Maintenance Makes All the Difference
Sump pumps and ejector pumps will fail or clog if not properly maintained. Have a professional inspect your sump pump each season to ensure it’s in proper working condition. As for ejector pumps, be sure not to through non-organic waste down your basement-level toilet. Be smart about common drain clog causes to keep your ejector pump running well.
Keep your basement safe and free from flooding. Call us today to find out more about our expert sump pump and ejector pump solutions.